Friday, October 21, 2011

Reboot!

Hm..this new interface looks kinda cool. Let's see if I can make this work.

What better way to reboot a blog than with an adventure??

Today is the first day (although I'm typing this at 1am) of the Church History Field Study trip. We traveled from SLC to Chicago Midway to Buffalo to Palmyra where I am currently on my bed in the Palmyra Inn. Woohoo!

It's been adventure getting here. Parker, a roommate from last year, had signed up for this class and found out about the trip that they go on. He said why not, and then wouldn't shut up about it when he got home. So, my roommate, Eric; FHE sister, Bethany and I decided that we were going to do it.

Meet at SLC airport 9:30. Me and Eric didn't go to bed until 3am because we were packing. Somehow, we got distracted earlier in the day by Guitar Hero. (Which we totally rocked! I played a full set on hard, and rocked one on expert. We also completed Through the Fire and the Flames  on hard the first time through. We're kinda nerds...)

Anyway, we got to the airport on time, but others didn't so it was a mad dash trying to get through security and boarding the plane. By the time the last person boarded, the plane was on last call. It was Bethany's first time flying, so we were all excited for her



Stopped in Chicago Midway (named after the Battle of Midway) and had some dinner before we boarded our flight to Buffalo. Well, it was a three hour layover so we tried to get as much homework done as we could so we wouldn't have to worry about it on the trip.
That is an epic plane hanging in the terminal.


Flew over Lake Michigan to get to Buffalo (yes, Eden ... I will try the "real" wings while I'm here) and then boarded a bus to take us to Palmyra. It was dark when we landed in Buffalo so we didn't get to really see anything. We drove into Palmyra where we unloaded and checked into the Palmyra Inn, we're literally a block from the Palmyra LDS Temple. 
Not much in the way of excitement going on so far. Mostly just a day of travel. The rest of the trip, however, is going to be epic. I'm excited to be able to learn church history at the actual sites where that was made. 
Buffalo to Chicago

Random Moments: I decided to branch away from Eric and Bethany and met some of the others on the trip. We decided we were hungry and ordered some food at midnight. 




P.s. Does anyone remember that cartoon from which the title comes?

No comments:

Post a Comment